Friends of mine are constantly sending me pictures of the delicious meals that they have been cooking. I do the same. There is a real sense of pride and achievement when you cook something which tastes and looks wonderful. Unfortunately, a lot of the time there is no one around to fully appreciate it! This blog is for people who want to share their culinary triumphs with everyone else. Email me the recipe and a photo of the finished product on izzy_curtis@hotmail.co.uk.

Saturday 11 February 2012

I LOVE PLATTERS

Firstly, I love the word 'platter'. Secondly, WHY are they so delicious!? People often underestimate the power of a very well put together platter. I think an important (but not essential) element for me is the combination of hot and cold. A warm Reblochon cheese tart with a selection of cold cured meats, gherkins, salad and more cheese. Honestly it makes me salivate just picturing it. Not only does it taste sensationally good but it looks beautiful too.


This is one of the finest platters I have ever had the pleasure of tasting, at L’Edelweiss, a mountain restaurant on a run down to Le Fornet in Val d'Isere. That white thing which looks like a dead mouse in the middle of the board was a mini saucisson. Very tough but very delicious.

Mmmm...platters...

No comments:

Post a Comment